Thursday, July 29, 2010

july 29

brad and i decide to go to the weezer concert at the mid-state fair tonight, a fun activity to go to before we leave for irvine (he has a continuing legal education class there this weekend). after work, we meet at home to pack our stuff for the weekend and i decide i cannot wait any longer and i decide to take a pregnancy test. good thing i bought that two-pack of home pregnancy tests five or six months ago when brad was joking that i might be pregnant and it got me worried. i pee on the stick and presto change-o! two lines appear almost immediately. my suspicions have been confirmed: i am going to have a baby.

we are both giddy with excitement, and the whole weekend is spent discussing babies and parenthood and pregnancy. we start calling baby "blasto" (short for blastocyst), even though he was a blastocyst for a very short time before we even knew about the pregnancy. later on we find a more appropriate name: "embry" (short for embryo).

4 comments:

Kalie said...

CONGRATS!!! That is so exciting! What are you having? I'm glad you've started blogging again. :D

kyra said...

it's a boy!

Kalie said...

Yay! Everyone else I know is having a girl this spring. Congrats!!!!

Unknown said...

I love reading about this stuff that i didn't even guess at! I can't believe I was so oblivious! and that dad figured it out before me.